Electric Quilt 8 (EQ8) Quilt Design Software by The Electric Quilt Company
Design a completely unique quilt using a library of over 6,000+ blocks with the Electric Quilt 8 Quilt Design Software.
Electric Quilt 8 (EQ8) is the most user-friendly quilt design software on the market! It's redesigned from previous versions with a friendly new look that includes large interface elements for faster, more intuitive learning.
EQ8 comes with more than 40 new and updated features, including thousands of new block designs and fabrics. With EQ8, you can design your own quilts using the 6,000+ included blocks and fabrics (or add your own!). Print your fabric yardage, rotary-cutting charts, templates, or foundation patterns and sew your unique masterpiece!
In EQ8, you can
- Design quilts at any size Start with a layout from the library, or choose a pre-designed Quick Quilt project for instant inspiration. For complete control, design your layout from scratch!
- Draw block patterns of all sizes and styles EQ8 has full drawing capabilities to create any kind of block. Draft your block from scratch, use the built-in grids or import a photo or sketch to trace. The Block Library is full of over 6,000 pre-drawn designs ready for you to use in your quilt designs. Use these blocks as they are, or edit them to add your own touch.
- Scan and import fabric Scan your fabric or take a picture of it, then import the image into EQ8. Use the scaling, straightening and cropping tools to make sure your fabric looks as accurate as possible. You can also add fabrics from the web! The EQ8 Fabric Library comes pre-loaded with 6,200 fabrics from top manufacturers!
- Calculate yardage Get yardage estimates for your quilt, including borders! You choose the appropriate fabric width to get the most accurate requirements. Using fat quarters? No problem! If you make changes to your quilt, your yardage automatically updates.
- Print patterns Print patterns for the blocks in your quilt. EQ8 uses the sizes you defined for the blocks and adds the seam allowance, where necessary. Choose to print templates, foundation patterns, rotary cutting charts and pictures of your blocks and quilts.
- Export images Are you submitting your quilt design to a magazine? EQ8 exports high-resolution images perfect for print publications. Export web images to post on your blog, website or on social media. Link your Facebook account to EQ8 so you can easily share images of your designs with your friends and followers.
The EQ8 package contains a software download licence. The licence is used to claim, download and install the software from ElectricQuilt.com. Users can choose the Mac or PC version during the claim process. Complete instructions are included.
Minimum System Requirements
DISCLAIMER: EQ8 will not run on Chromebooks or any devices running Android or iOS.
EQ8 requires Windows or Mac operating systems, as listed below:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1; macOS Catalina (10.15), Mojave (10.14), High Sierra (10.13), Sierra (10.12), El Capitan (10.11), Yosemite (10.10);
If you want to run EQ8 on BOTH platforms, you must purchase the EQ8 Migration Kit to get the installation files for the second platform.
Internet Access Required
Internet access required for downloading, activating, periodic validation and accessing the support materials. You can be disconnected from the internet for general use of the software.
Unlimited installations. Two (2) computers may be simultaneously active. Activations can be easily transferred between computers. Activations are done through electricquilt.com
850 MB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation.
Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or greater. (A Minimum of 1024 x 768 is required).
About The Electric Quilt Company...
The Electric Quilt Company produces the leading quilt design software in the industry, EQ8. Since 1991, The Electric Quilt Company prides itself on making software easy to use and offering top-notch technical support to its users.
Drop shipping is a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers its customer's orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer, another retailer, or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer.
How do I know if my order is drop ship? Where you see another manufactures, suppliers or designers name displayed above the product titles, other than 'Natasha Makes' your order will be drop ship and delivered directly by another manufacturer, retailer, or wholesaler.
A Drop shipped item can take up to 3 - 5 days on top of the estimated delivery time on all products.